At Bishop we understand the importance of technology, both for learning and for our students’ overall high school experience. We offer advanced computer systems and software in all departments, as well as a fully integrated multimedia system that feeds data and information to all of our classrooms.
Students are encouraged to utilize the Internet for research and study. Security and safety are carefully maintained at all times, with advanced firewall technology, antivirus protection and sophisticated Internet content filtering. In fact, Bishop uses the world’s leading N2H2 content filter – the same filter in use by the U.S. military.
Our advanced technology includes:
- Dual high-speed Internet connections
- High speed internal network with student access and personalized storage
- Cable television with streaming U.S. and international programming
- 31” televisions in every classroom connected to our multimedia system
- Advanced graphics labs for digital design, art and photography
- Business computer labs for language skills and other classes
- Library Media Center for research, studies and output
- A wide array of scanners, printers, copiers and other peripheral devices