Driver Education is a program that is offered to the Bishop McGuinness Catholic High School community through the Forsyth County Public School System and The North Carolina Driving School. There is a $45.00 fee due by the second day of class.
NOW CLOSED--Spring Class: April 16 - May 16
Two sessions of classroom Summer Driver Education are offered at Bishop in Room 209-B.
The first session will be from June 17th-June 28th. (Closed)
Second session is July 15th-July 26th.
Students will start their driving experience from the student parking lot according to their birthday (oldest to youngest). To qualify, a student must be at least 14 years and 6 months old as of the first day of class.
The following criteria will be adhered to during classroom training:
- Classes will meet from 9:00 AM-12:00 PM Monday – Friday.
- There will be 10 three- hour sessions to complete the thirty-hour course.
- Students need to bring a separate notebook and pen; textbook provided.
- No absences are permitted.
- Three tardies equals one absence.
- Being very late can mean expulsion from class.
- Any behavior deemed inappropriate by the instructor can also constitute expulsion.
- A Driver Education Certificate will be given to each student that successfully completes 30 hours of classroom instruction and 6 hours behind the wheel.
To enroll contact Mr. Sharp at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-564-1242.
Please provide student’s first and last name, birthdate, and contact phone number(s).