Student Dress Code 2012-13
Click to Purchase REQUIRED Dress Polo Shirt at Land's End
You will note on the Land’s End site that other items are also available. These are optional purchases only, not required items! To eliminate question and in order to ensure that your student is following dress standards, we strongly recommend purchasing all items of clothing from Land's End.
It is expected that all students will exhibit pride in their personal appearance by consistently manifesting a respectable, modest, clean and appropriate appearance. This applies to dress and to personal grooming practices. Proper attire is defined as clothing consistent with the standards specified for both regular daily dress and standards specified for permitted dress-down days. These standards apply to students at all times while in the building or during school-related activities.
Failure to comply consistently with the school’s specified dress standards will be considered defiant behavior, which warrants a suspension.
General Standards (Boys and Girls).
- Standard shirt with school logo purchased thru Land’s End. You may use the link on the Bishop website for ease of ordering.
- Khaki colored slacks ONLY/NO BLACK (no leggings, jeggings, sweat pants, or tight fitting pants)
- Cardigans, crew-necks, V-necks, or V-neck sweater vests( i.e.: sleeveless sweaters) are permitted over shirts MUST BE solid colored navy, yellow or white (no logo is required)
- Casual closed toed shoes or athletic shoes ONLY (NO BOOTS, SANDALS, FLIP FLOPS, etc.)
- Hoodies and fleece jackets are permitted BUT only if they have the Bishop logo on it
- NO SCARVES OR OTHER TYPES OF ADORNMENTS ON TOP OF STANDARD SHIRT
Provisions for Boys.
- Belts must be worn.
- Hair must be neat and well-trimmed. No hairstyle may extend below the ear lobe on the side and must be tapered to a length which does not reach below the bottom of the shirt collar. If a hairstyle with bangs is worn, bangs must be of reasonable length and not obscure or fall into the eyes. Ponytails of any length are not allowed. Curly hair must be cropped reasonably close to the head. Unconventional cuts, colors and styles are not acceptable.
- Faces must be clean-shaven. No visible trace of a beard or mustache is acceptable, and sideburns may not extend to a length below the bottom of the ear.
- Earrings, studs, or facial piercing are not permitted at any time during the school day; this includes on dress-down or jeans days as well.
Provisions for Girls.
- Immodest clothing (clothing which is too tight or too revealing) or lack of proper undergarments will not be tolerated.
- Slacks must be full-length (no above-the-ankle cuts permitted).
- Hair must be clean; radical haircuts/styles or color are not permitted.
- No facial-piercings jewelry is permitted during the school day; this includes on dress-down or jeans days as well.
Assembly Dress. This is the title given the more formal styles of dress required of students on days when all-school Masses are held or on individually specified days when other types of special assemblies or activities of are taking place.
Boys’ Assembly Dress.
- Dress shirt and tie.
- Dress slacks and belt.
- Dress shoes and socks.
- Standard suit or sport coat.
Note: Boys may remove their jackets after the assembly concludes but must wear their ties for the remainder of that day in the appropriate manner. No sweatshirts or similar garments may be worn with assembly dress at any time of the day.
Girls’ Assembly Dress.
- Skirts and blouses, or dresses; these garments are to be knee length, middle of the knee. All dresses and shirts must have sleeves. Garments may not have slits or exaggerated cuts, nor may they be tight fitting.
- No tunics or long sweaters over tights are permitted.
- Dress slacks may be worn for assembly dress but a collared shirt and a blazer or dress jacket must be worn.
- Dress shoes (with no heel or platform higher than 2 inches permitted).
- No sweatshirts or similar garments may be worn with assembly dress at any time of the day.