Hours & Policies
Student User Policies Mission Statement Serving the students, faculty, and staff of The Bishop McGuinness Catholic High School Community, The Library Media Center is committed to its mission of providing access to information in a variety of print, non print and electronic formats; and, to encouraging and developing life-long readers and users of information.
Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30 am. - 4:30 pm
Student User Policies
- Students are to use the Media Center with respect and courtesy for others, including adherence to a quiet atmosphere conducive to research and study.
- Students are to use the Media Center with respect for the care of its facilities, equipment, and resources. Food, drinks, and gum are not permitted in the Media Center.
- Students must have a library pass to use the Media Center during the school day. (A pass is not required before and after school).
- Students are automatically assigned a library borrower's account on our automated Library System.
- Students may check out ( up to five ) books for each two week loan period with renewal options for another two weeks if needed.
- Library resources must be checked out at the circulation desk on a student's automated library record before students leave the Media Center with books or other resources.
- Students who use the library's Internet computer network must sign our school's Internet Acceptable Use Policy in accordance with Diocesan Policy.
- Students who need to make copies may use the Library's self-service copier.
- Conference rooms in the library for class or group projects must be reserved in advance at the Circulation Desk to avoid scheduling conflicts.